I love to experiment with food and share my favorite creations online! Almost all of my recipes are customizable to fit your own tastes.
The idea of breakfast tacos isn't a new concept, but it's one I haven't seen around that often—so I decided to try to make my own. This recipe is super easy to customize for anybody who has different tastes. If you are making breakfast for multiple people, it's very easy to modify or add ingredients. Some examples might include cream cheese, spinach, or mushrooms. Honestly, the possibilities are endless!
The two photos below will show what you will need. I added shredded cheese at the last minute, but the cheese is optional.
- 3 small corn tortillas
- 2 large eggs
- 3 slices of thick-cut bacon
- Handful shredded cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Read More From Delishably
- First, you will need to cook the bacon. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place 3 strips of bacon on an aluminum foil-lined cookie sheet. Cook the bacon for about 15-20 minutes or until desired crispiness. Once the bacon is done you can put the bacon on a plate with paper towels to soak up excess grease.
- While the bacon is in the oven you'll need to get out 2 small skillets. One is for the eggs the other is for warming up the tortillas. Crack and scramble both eggs in a small bowl and pour into a skillet that's heated to medium heat. Scramble to eggs until they are fluffy and fully cooked (see image below).
- Heat the second skillet on low heat. Wait a few minutes until the skillet gets hot then place one tortilla at a time onto the skillet. Heat for about 30 seconds then flip them over for another 30 seconds or until the tortilla is warm. Do this with each tortilla and place them on a plate see image below).
- Spoon the scrambled eggs onto the middle of each tortilla trying to make them as even as possible.
- Next, take a piece of bacon and break it in half and place it next to the egg on the tortilla.
- If you want, you can sprinkle on some of your favorite cheese, and it's done! I'll provide pictures below.