Chilled Swiss Oatmeal Recipe (a la Corner Bakery Cafe)
I first had chilled Swiss oatmeal at the Corner Bakery Cafe in Chicago. During my four day trip, I had this breakfast three times and made sure to take note of the ingredients so I could recreate this recipe at home. (Note: The oatmeal needs to sit overnight, so plan ahead!)
Rate This Recipe!
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/8 cup Currants
- 1/8 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Banana, Diced
- 1/2 Green Apple, Diced
- 1/8 cup Nonfat Plain Yogurt, (Greek Yogurt works great!)
- To Taste Brown Sugar, (Optional)
Any fruit can be added/removed/substituted from this recipe. Be creative! You can also replace the water with skim, soy, or almond milk or similar.
- The night before, place the oats in a bowl and add just enough water to cover the oats. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, drain water if necessary.
- Combine remaining ingredients: currants, cranberries, banana, apple, yogurt, brown sugar. Stir.
|Serving size: 1 Bowl|
|Calories from Fat||27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 3 g||5%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 2 g|
|Carbohydrates 85 g||28%|
|Sugar 38 g|
|Fiber 8 g||32%|
|Protein 10 g||20%|
|Cholesterol 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|