Easy Breakfast Idea: Egg, Cheese Dog, and Mushroom Lettuce Wrap
A lettuce wrap is a great low-carb breakfast option. Since I was craving a lettuce wrap this morning, I came up with an interesting idea. Why not create a wrap with egg, cheese dog, and mushroom? I thought the end result was delicious, and I hope you will try it, too.
- Lettuce (for wrap)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 small cheese dogs, sliced
- 1/4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cooking oil as needed
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 medium bowls
- 2 small bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- chopping board
For Cooking the Lettuce Wrap Fillings:
- cooking spoon
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute cheese dogs first, followed by mushrooms.
- Add eggs and spring onions. Mix all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with lettuce leaves.
Tips and Techniques
- Let the egg mixture cool down before wrapping it with the lettuce. This will help maintain the lettuce's freshness.
- Wrap as you eat.
- If you prefer, you may add or substitute any meat or vegetable ingredients.
- Serve the wrap with any condiments or dressings you want.
- Use any kind of lettuce available. The amount of lettuce used depends on its size.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan