Easy Chocolate Waffles Recipe
Easy Chocolate Waffles
I recently got myself a 3-in-1 snack maker, with removable attachments for waffles, toasties and paninis. It has very quickly become the most-used item in my kitchen, and I am enjoying experimenting so much! I have tried so many different combinations of treats—but my favourite one, by far, has been chocolate waffles.
This treat is so quick to whip up, and since I serve it with oodles of golden syrup, I omit sugar from the recipe. I also like to use warm milk in this recipe. I warm it by placing the measured milk, in a jug, in the microwave for one minute, and it always comes out just right!
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 120 grams plain flour
- 20 grams cocoa powder
- 175 millilitres warm milk
- 35 millilitres vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and egg. Mix well. (At this stage, the mix will not be smooth.)
- Add warm milk and oil. Whisk well until you have a smooth and thick batter. (At this stage, you can let the batter rest for 30 minutes, but this is not necessary.)
- Cook in your waffle maker according to the machine's instructions. Leave longer if you like crispy waffles. I prefer soft waffles, so I cook them until they are solid all the way through and starting to crisp on the outside.
Tips and Suggestions
I hope you enjoy this recipe. Here are some additional ideas:
- I always eat these waffles with syrup, but I imagine it would be equally good served with jam, butter, or fresh fruit.
- For some people, the bitterness of the cocoa powder might not be offset by your topping. In this case, simply add sugar to your batter to taste, or sprinkle powdered sugar over the top when serving.
- If you do not have a waffle maker, you could use a frying pan to turn these into chocolate pancakes. Serve with some fresh berries or chocolate spread!
Please do try the recipe and comment below to tell me how it went. Enjoy!
The Waffle Maker That I Use
Share Your Opinion
What's your favourite waffle topping?
© 2019 VerityPrice