Baking is one of my favorite pastimes. I enjoy baking cookies, cakes, breads, pies, muffins, cupcakes, and much more.
Homemade Pancakes on the Weekends
Pancakes are one of my family's favorite homemade breakfasts. They're perfect for a lazy Sunday morning. Don't you love seeing your kids' smiling faces when they wake up and smell pancakes on the griddle?
If you'd like to learn how to make pancakes from scratch, I have a perfect recipe for you to try at home. I like to serve my pancakes with fresh fruits like strawberries or raspberries, and then I usually top them off with lots of sweet, dark maple syrup.
By the way, I have a tip for how to keep the pancakes warm before serving. Heat the oven to 200°. After cooking the first batch, wrap them in foil and let them sit in the oven. Continue doing this until you have finished making all of the pancakes. Serve immediately with fresh sliced fruits on the side and maple syrup or honey.
Let's take a look at the recipe now.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk (I prefer whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Toppings of your choice (e.g., butter, maple syrup, chocolate syrup, honey, jam or jelly, and whipped cream)
- Fresh fruit (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk milk, butter, and egg. Then add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Stir until all well-combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle.
- Spoon the batter and spread into a round onto the pan.
- Cook until the surface of the pancakes have some bubbles. Then, flip it with a spatula and cook until it lightly browned on the underside. (I prefer my pancakes not too browned.)
- Continue cooking the remaining batter until it's all done.
- Serve it warm with your desired toppings.
- Enjoy it for breakfast or dinner!
© 2018 Liza
Liza (author) from USA on September 21, 2018:
Great! I'm sure you going to like. Have a nice weekend!
Tori Leumas on September 21, 2018:
These look really yummy! I'll have to make some sometime.