Victoria is a stay-at-home mom, author, educator, and blogger at Healthy at Home. She currently lives in Colorado with her family.
One of my husband's favorite breakfast meals is biscuits and gravy. More specifically, it's biscuits and sausage gravy. We tried out a variety of recipes for both with a lot of failures until we got them just right. Now we make this meal frequently in our home. It's quickly becoming one of my oldest son's favorites as well.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Add 2 cups of flour to a large bowl.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add 3 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Mix all of your ingredients together well.
- Add in 1/2 cup of butter and cut into your dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Now add in 1 cup of milk.
- Mix together until you have a dough like consistency.
- Pour dough out on a clean, dry surface, lightly dusted with flour.
- Roll your dough out until thin and then fold in half.
- Roll your dough out until thin and then fold in half again.
- Cut out round shapes with a cookie cutter or drinking glass and lay out evenly on your cookie sheet.
- Pop into the oven and bake for about 6–8 minutes.
- I advise serving with my yummy homemade gravy.
These can be smeared with butter or jam, eaten with sausage and egg or bacon, or even just enjoyed all by themselves. I've always loved the flaky layers of biscuits and I don't have to wait until we have more packages in the refrigerator to enjoy them.
Now you also know how to make them easily at home. I hope this makes your breakfast more exciting and nutritious.
© 2018 Victoria Van Ness
Dianna Mendez on June 13, 2018:
Oh my goodness, my hubby would absolutely love this recipe!
Victoria Van Ness (author) from Fountain, CO on May 31, 2018:
No eggs needed. These are delicious!
peachy from Home Sweet Home on May 26, 2018:
no eggs? does it melt in the mouth?