Easy-Peasy Homemade Flaky Biscuits
One of my husband's favorite breakfast meals is biscuits and gravy. More specifically, it's biscuits and sausage gravy. We tried out a variety of recipes for both with a lot of failures until we got them just right. Now we make this meal frequently in our home. It's quickly becoming one of my oldest son's favorites as well.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees F and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Add 2 cups of flour to a large bowl.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Add 3 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Mix all of your ingredients together well.
- Add in 1/2 cup of butter and cut into your dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Now add in 1 cup of milk.
- Mix together until you have a dough like consistency.
- Pour dough out on a clean, dry surface, lightly dusted with flour.
- Roll your dough out until thin and then fold in half.
- Roll your dough out until thin and then fold in half again.
- Cut out round shapes with a cookie cutter or drinking glass and lay out evenly on your cookie sheet.
- Pop into the oven and bake for about 6–8 minutes.
- I advise serving with my yummy homemade gravy.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Sugar 2 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 11 mg||4%|
|Sodium 554 mg||23%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
These can be smeared with butter or jam, eaten with sausage and egg or bacon, or even just enjoyed all by themselves. I've always loved the flaky layers of biscuits and I don't have to wait until we have more packages in the refrigerator to enjoy them.
Now you also know how to make them easily at home. I hope this makes your breakfast more exciting and nutritious.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Victoria Van Ness