Make-Ahead Ham and Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
A Crowd-Pleasing Breakfast Recipe
During the holidays, there is always a crowd at my house, and I find myself looking for easy recipes that will please everyone yet leave me time to enjoy the party. This ham and hash brown casserole is the answer.
On top of being delicious, it uses cubed or diced ham, and during the holidays, we often are searching for ways to use leftovers—and this casserole does that as well. So it's twice a winner!
Check out how easy this delicious casserole is—and just how fast and satisfying!
- 1 tablespoon butter for the casserole dish
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups diced ham
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 6 cups hashbrowns, either frozen or dehydrated (soaked)
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- minced green onion (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9x13-inch casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with eggs. The mixture will be a little lumpy; don't worry about it.
- Stir in ham, kosher salt, pepper, and milk. Add hashbrowns and toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the buttered casserole dish, and top with the shredded Swiss cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for approximately 45 minutes, until browned and golden on top and bubbly throughout. Serve with minced green onions.
- To make this ahead, assemble all ingredients and cover tightly with foil. Chill until ready to bake. When ready, allow casserole to sit out for about 30 minutes to come to room temperature. Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake another 30 minutes.
How to Roast a Ham
© 2017 Jan Charles