Gluten-Free Banana Pancake Recipe
No-Flour Banana Pancakes:
This is a healthy pancake recipe that both kids and adults can enjoy—and without the guilt of the flour-filled pancake alternatives. This is a without-flour, healthy recipe that falls under the clean-eating category.
This recipe can be considered gluten-free if you try it without the baking powder, but some baking powders may contain gluten.
What did you think?
I make these for breakfast quite frequently, as I try to keep my diet clean. I like adding a pinch of salt (maybe even a little extra) because the salt seems to bring out the banana's natural sweetness. This is great served with maple syrup, butter, honey, or a side of fruit.
If you're feeling naughty, I recommend taking some dark chocolate and making this a chocolate-chip banana-pancake recipe. Chopped up strawberries also go well with this (I mean, obviously. Banana + strawberry = bliss -- I think some yogurt company came up with this formula, not too sure!)
- 1 1/2 Ripe Bananas
- 2 Eggs
- 1/8 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Pinches of salt
Your materials and ingredients:
Follow instructions for healthy pancake bliss:
- Crack eggs and whisk in small bowl. Add a pinch of salt and whisk in.
- Add your banana to an alternative bowl that is larger and lightly mash. You can mash with either a potato masher or a fork. Do not put this in a blender or food processor- this will make the banana mixture too thin. Also do not over-mash. You want to see (and taste!!) chunks of banana
- Add the egg mixture and 1/8 tsp of baking soda to the bananas.
- Turn stove on medium to low heat, lightly coat pan in olive oil (as you would for cooking an egg) and cook pancakes. You should pour about 2-3 Tbsp of the pancake mixture per pancake. Cook for about a minute on each side to allow for the baking soda to activate. Pancakes should be a dark golden-brown color. They should also appear fluffy.
- This will yield about 6-8 mini pancakes. Serve with butter and maple syrup- but, they're even good plain. (A little organic honey on top is awesome too!)
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 11 g|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Originally, this recipe has a macro-nutrient ratio for this in percentages comes out to be (C/P/F):
If you adjust the recipe to make this completely and surely gluten-free, the C/P/F ratio becomes:
This is a very easy recipe to adjust to the macro-nutrient ratio that you are looking for. Might take a little time, and some extra egg whites, though!
These healthy banana-pancakes are a great way to start your day and do not leave you overly stuffed because there is no flour. It's a great little clean-eating treat without the guilt. Please enjoy and leave your comments/thoughts below!