Healthy Spinach Feta Frittata
Mornings are hard when you are wanting to eat healthy. I personally like meals that are easy to grab and that will fuel my body with the energy that I need for the day. This recipe is perfect meal that is going to give you the energy that you will need. Let's explore the ingredients in this recipe so you can understand the benefits that they have on your body!
- Spinach is a superfood that is low in fat and is high in vitamins and minerals such as zinc, fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and manganese. This veggie is packed in vitamins and minerals and is pared well with eggs. If it is good enough for Popeye it is good enough for me!
- Eggs are good source of inexpensive, high quality protein. More than half the protein of an egg is found in the egg white along with the vitamin B2. Where I live you can get a dozen eggs for 52 cents! Tell me in the comments how much a dozen of eggs cost where you live.
- Feta cheese is made from a sheep's or goat's milk. Feta also contains calcium and B12 as well as small amounts of iron, folate and vitamin D. Eaten plan this cheese is slightly tangy, but paired with spinach and eggs you get a dish that is bursting with flavor!
- 18 Eggs
- 1 Block of Frozen Spinach
- 1 container of Feta Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Defrost your spinach and with a strainer squeeze out the spinach juice.
- Mix the eggs, drained spinach, and feta cheese together in a bowl. Once combined, pour your mixture into your glass baking dish, and bake 20-40 minutes depending on your oven. Typically, I set a timer for 20 minutes and check it every 5-7 minutes until its done. It will be done when you stick a butterknife in and it comes out clean.