I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Classic French toast is a favorite breakfast dish in all parts of the world. It is made by dipping bread into a sweetened egg and milk mixture. This dish is commonly served with other breakfast foods such as eggs, bacon, ham, and fresh fruit slices. Enjoy a classic French toast recipe using our easy-to-follow recipe.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 slices bread
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon powder, optional
- butter, as needed
- 1 large bowl
- 2 small bowls
- 1 large plate
- 1 small plate
Read More From Delishably
- frying pan
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 to 3 servings
- In a bowl, dilute the sugar in the milk.
- Add the cinnamon powder. Mix until everything is diluted.
- Beat the egg and add it into the mixture. Set aside.
- Heat the pan and add 1/2 tablespoon of butter.
- Soak a slice of bread in the mixture, one at a time.
- Add the soaked bread once the butter is melted.
- Cook each side until golden brown in color.
- Serve with a savory or sweet topping.
Classic French Toast Step-by-Step Procedure
Tips and Techniques
- Replace the butter with any kind of cooking oil.
- You may use any type of milk for this recipe.
- Adjust the amount of sugar based on your preference.
- Add vanilla extract and cinnamon powder for extra flavor and aroma.
More Delicious Breakfast Meals
- How to Make a Breakfast Rice Bowl With Sausage and Egg
Do you love eating rice with your meals? You will love my hearty breakfast rice bowl with sausage and eggs!
- How to Make a Breakfast Baguette Sandwich
What are your favorite sandwich fillings? I personally like to play around with my sandwich fillings by trying new ingredients. As long as there's a great combination of different tastes and textures, it will satisfy my craving.