How to Cook Hot Dog Hash
You are probably familiar with corned beef hash, which is a baked or fried mixture of corned beef, potatoes, and vegetables that have all been cut into small pieces. Hot dog hash is my take on this traditional breakfast dish. Hot dogs are my all-time favorite breakfast meat, and I think this hash tastes great!
- 2 hot dogs, diced
- 3 small potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 egg (optional)
- large bowl
- medium bowl
- 2 small bowls
- small plate
- measuring spoon
- chopping board
- cooking spoon
- 2 pans
- Heat oil in a pan. Add butter.
- Add onion to the pan and sauté until translucent. Add and par-cook the potato. Continue pan-frying.
- When the potatoes are half-cooked, add the diced hot dog. Season hot dog hash with salt and pepper.
- Mix constantly to cook evenly and to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once cooked, transfer hot dog hash in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, cook a sunny-side-up egg based on your desired doneness.
- Serve the hash topped with the sunny-side-up egg.
Tips and Techniques
- Make the hash more flavorful by adding butter.
- Add oil to butter to avoid the latter from burning.
- Serve with toasted bread or fried rice.
- Mix all the ingredients continuously to prevent everything from sticking to the bottom of the pan, which might cause burning.
Other Mouthwatering Breakfast Dishes
- How to Make Classic French Toast
Classic French toast is an all-time favorite breakfast meal made with bread that has been dipped in a sweetened egg and milk mixture. Try this easy-to-follow recipe at home.
- How to Make Dragon Fruit Pancakes Without Baking Powder
Learn how to make delicious and healthy dragon fruit pancakes without baking powder. This recipe requires only six ingredients.
© 2020 Travel Chef