How to Make a Breakfast Baguette Sandwich
A baguette is a long, thin, and crusty loaf of French bread. It is best eaten when freshly baked. A sandwich is a meal that consists of two slices of bread with vegetables, cheese, or meat in between.
I enjoy eating rice, but I also love eating bread. This morning, I decided to make a simple breakfast sandwich using baguette bread. Let me show you how I did it. You can feel free to experiment by using any kind of cheese, meat, and vegetable that you prefer—or happen to have in your kitchen.
- Egg omelet
For the Preparation:
- 3 large plates
- chopping board
For the Cooking:
- grill pan
- frying pan
- Heat oil in a pan. Cook the omelete and fold it from the sides to the center. Set aside.
- Add a small amount of oil to the pan. Fry the ham slices. Set aside.
- Slice baguette in half. Brush butter on both sides of the bread.
- Heat grill pan. Cook each side of the baguette until turned toasted.
- Assemble the sandwich. Lay the bottom half of the bread on a large plate. Add folded-over omelet, ham, cheese, tomato, and pickles. Finish with the top half of the bread.
- Cut the sandwich in half.
- Serve with juice or coffee.
Tips and Techniques
- Add lettuce and onion if preferred.
- Replace egg omelet with sunny-side-up if desired.
- Use any kind of butter.
Questions & Answers
© 2019 Dred Cuan