I like to cook and eat natural, healthy, and tasty foods, and I enjoy sharing recipes from my native Indian cuisine.
A Delicious and Nutrient-Dense Toast to Start Your Day!
Capsicum cheese toast is one of my favorites. I like to have it in the morning for breakfast because it's easy to make and just an awesome way to start the day! It's delicious, crunchy, and nutritious.
As the name suggests, bread, capsicum (bell pepper), cheese, and spices are the main ingredients in this dish. While capsicum is a good source of vitamins and dietary fiber, cheese is a rich source of calcium, protein, and fat. If you make the toast with wheat bread, you will get the extra health benefits of wheat, as well.
Making this toast is quick and easy. It took me just 18 minutes to make this tasty breakfast (which I sometimes enjoy as an evening snack, as well). Let me now share with you the recipe in detail.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Read More From Delishably
- 8 slices bread, preferably whole wheat
- 1 cup capsicum (bell pepper), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt to taste
- You can make capsicum cheese toast in an oven or a pan. I made it in the oven. Both the varieties taste equally good.
- Make the bread slices firm by grilling them in the preheated oven for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, you can make the bread slices firm by placing it on a heated pan, pressing, and changing the sides.
- Remove from the oven and place them side by side on a grill stand. Apply butter evenly on the top side of each slice.
- Next, spread chopped capsicum on each slice. Spread the chopped onions, chili flakes, chopped garlic, and a bit of salt on each slice.
- Finally, spread the grated cheese or grate the cheese generously on each slice.
- Now, the slices are ready for toasting. Preheat the oven at 220 degrees C in grill mode for 4-5 minutes. Place the grill stand with the bread slices in the oven. Alternatively, you can use the baking tray lined with butter paper for this purpose.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese melts completely. Take the stand out, remove the toasts, and serve hot!
- If you want to make it in a pan, roast the prepared bread slices on medium-low heat while covering the pan. Cook it until the cheese melts completely. The process of melting the cheese may take 4-5 minutes.