How to Make Huevos With Mango Salsa: A Mexican-Inspired Breakfast Dish
Huevos means eggs in Spanish. We all know eggs as the most popular breakfast food! I came up with an idea to mix my simple salsa with my favorite fruit: mango. Since I had leftover eggs, I tossed them in my mango salsa for a vibrant breakfast dish. It was delicious and easy!
- 3 pieces eggs, boiled, minced
- 4 pieces small tomato, minced (brunoise)
- 1 piece medium onion, minced (brunoise)
- 1 piece medium mango, minced (brunoise)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 Plates
- Peeler or Pairing Knife
- Chopping Board
For Cooking Boiled Eggs:
- Cooking Spoon
- Bring water to boil in a pan.
- Add room temperature eggs.
- Cook eggs for about 10 minutes. Let it cook down before peeling and slicing. Set aside.
- Peel and mince mango, onion and tomato.
- Mix all the prepared ingredients in a clean bowl or container. Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
Tips and Techniques
- Replace hot sauce with fresh jalapeños.
- Squeeze in some lemon or lime to add citrusy flavor on the salsa.
- Add chopped cilantro to increase its herby flavor.
- Put cooked eggs immediately in water to let it cool down and to peel it easily.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan