My passion for cooking leads me to travel to different places, eat authentic local dishes, and inspire everybody to enjoy their lives!
Huevos means eggs in Spanish. We all know eggs as the most popular breakfast food! I came up with an idea to mix my simple salsa with my favorite fruit: mango. Since I had leftover eggs, I tossed them in my mango salsa for a vibrant breakfast dish. It was delicious and easy!
- 3 pieces eggs, boiled, minced
- 4 pieces small tomato, minced (brunoise)
- 1 piece medium onion, minced (brunoise)
- 1 piece medium mango, minced (brunoise)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 2 Plates
- Peeler or Pairing Knife
- Chopping Board
For Cooking Boiled Eggs:
- Cooking Spoon
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Bring water to boil in a pan.
- Add room temperature eggs.
- Cook eggs for about 10 minutes. Let it cook down before peeling and slicing. Set aside.
- Peel and mince mango, onion. and tomato.
- Mix all the prepared ingredients in a clean bowl or container. Add salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste.
Tips and Techniques
- Replace hot sauce with fresh jalapeños.
- Squeeze in some lemon or lime to add citrusy flavor on the salsa.
- Add chopped cilantro to increase its herby flavor.
- Put cooked eggs immediately in water to let it cool down and to peel it easily.
Huevos With Mango Salsa
© 2018 Travel Chef