How to Make Pancakes Without Baking Powder
Pancakes are a very popular breakfast food around the world. They're usually an on-the-go meal for busy people like me. As I checked my pantry today, I found out that I didn't have any pancake mix. Rather than going and getting some to satisfy my cravings, I decided to make my own version! So I started checking all my ingredients... and then I noticed I didn't have any baking powder. So I improvised and came up with this simple and affordable pancake recipe that doesn't use baking powder. I topped my pancakes with chocolate chips but you can also use chocolate syrup or other toppings. This is the simplest recipe on how to make pancakes from scratch. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk, liquid
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- butter, optional
- chocolate chips, optional
- oil, for cooking
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Prep Bowls (for the ingredients)
- Wire Whisk
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Stir using a whisk to incorporate everything.
- Start adding the wet ingredients.
- Stir everything until there are no small lumps.
- Heat up the pan. Grease it using a small amount of oil.
- Spoon the batter into the pan using the ladle.
- Cook the pancake at least two minutes per side or until bubbles start to come out.
Tips and Techniques
- Separate egg yolk from egg white. Beat the egg white before adding it to the rest of the ingredients to make a fluffier pancake.
- Top pancake with butter and chocolate to balance the saltiness and sweetness of this breakfast dish.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan