How to Make Pancakes Without Baking Powder
Pancakes are a very popular breakfast food around the world. They're usually an on-the-go meal for busy people like me. As I checked my pantry today, I found out that I didn't have any pancake mix. Rather than going and getting some to satisfy my cravings, I decided to make my own version! So I started checking all my ingredients... and then I noticed I didn't have any baking powder. So I improvised and came up with this simple and affordable pancake recipe that doesn't use baking powder. I topped my pancakes with chocolate chips but you can also use chocolate syrup or other toppings. This is the simplest recipe on how to make pancakes without baking powder from scratch. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk, liquid
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- butter, optional
- chocolate chips, optional
- oil, for cooking
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Prep Bowls (for the ingredients)
- Wire Whisk
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Stir using a whisk to incorporate everything.
- Start adding the wet ingredients.
- Stir everything until there are no small lumps.
- Heat up the pan. Grease it using a small amount of oil.
- Spoon the batter into the pan using the ladle.
- Cook the pancake at least two minutes per side or until bubbles start to come out.
Tips and Techniques
- Separate egg yolk from egg white. Beat the egg white before adding it to the rest of the ingredients to make a fluffier pancake.
- Top pancake with butter and chocolate to balance the saltiness and sweetness of this breakfast dish.
Questions & Answers
- Helpful 14
- Helpful 14
Can you put butter and chocolate chips in the mixture?
You can put butter as it will give extra flavor into it. On the other hand, It is possible for you to add chocolate chips into the mixture. However, I won't recommend it because it will melt right away as soon as it touches the bottom of the pan.
© 2018 Dred Cuan