How to Make a Breakfast Rice Bowl With Sausage and Egg
A "rice bowl" can refer to a small bowl for eating rice—but it can also refer to a meal-sized bowl of rice that is topped with meats and/or vegetables. In Southeast Asia, rice is commonly served with many meals, and large meal-sized rice bowls have become popular, as well.
This morning, I made a breakfast rice bowl with sausage and egg. When I cook with sausage, I prefer to decase it before cooking because I like the ground meat texture.
Learn how to prepare this delicious sausage and egg breakfast rice bowl within 10 minutes.
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 garlic sausage, decased
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fried garlic bits, store-bought
- 1/2 teaspoon spring onions
- Cooking oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
For Preparing the Ingredients:
- 1 medium bowl
- 4 small bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Chopping board
- Cooking spoon
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute garlic sausage until it turns brown.
- Add cooked rice. Continue mixing it.
- Stir in crispy fried garlic bits and spring onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve while hot.
Tips and Techniques
- Replace garlic sausage with any other kinds of sausage.
- Use leftover or a day-old fluffy rice to give a better texture.
- Choose a spicy sausage like chorizo for an extra kick.
- If fried garlic bits are not available, use fresh garlic.
- Increase the amount of garlic if preferred.
- You can also make your own crispy fried garlic bits.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Travel Chef