How to make pikelets very simple recipe and ridiculously delicious
This pikelet recipe is very simple to follow it takes around 10 minutes to prepare and another 10 minutes to cook them. I have been making this recipe since I was a kid and it has never failed me. It makes for a great breakfast but you could make them at any time of the day. They are very similar to pancakes however here in New Zealand we call them pikelets and in Australia also.
- 2 cup Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Roughly 1 cup Milk
- Add the flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt to a large mixing bowl to start your pikelet mixture.
- Crack one egg into your mixture and start mixing in your milk continue adding milk until you reach the desired consistency I like my pikelets quite thin so I add a fair bit of milk.
- Now preheat your frying pan I use an electric frying pan as you can easily adjust the temperature I usually cook them around 180 Degrees Celsius which is around 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When the bubbles start to appear is when I usually flip the pikelets to cook the other side. Once you have flipped them they usually don't take very long to cook on the other side at all usually around 30 seconds - 1 minute
- Now I like to serve them with butter or margarine if you eat them while they are still hot the butter will melt in and they taste amazing this way however you could put a little maple syrup on them or let them cool down and put some jam and whipped cream on them