Easy, Low-Calorie, No-Mess Pancakes
We all know how tempting it can be to binge out on your favourite snacks, or turn to unhealthy, easy-to-prepare foods. So why not put in a little more effort and make these extremely simple pancakes instead? It'll only take 5-10 minutes, and I've created this recipe in such a way that means minimal clear up time when you're done. It's a quick and easy way to enjoy a filling, yet surprisingly healthy snack!
- 100ml Flour
- 150ml Milk
- 1 egg
- Measure the flour into a measuring jug. Fill the jug up to the 100ml line. This way, you can create all of the pancake mixture in the jug, and it'll be the only thing you need to wash up later!
- Add a little milk, and whisk with a fork until the milk and flour are combined. It should feel quite thick but smooth, and look something like the image to the right.
- Add more milk, up to the 250ml line. Whisk it all together, making sure there are no lumps. The mixture should now be much lighter and more runny, like the second image on the right.
- Add an egg and whisk it in until the mixture is even.
- Put a small amount of butter or 1 calorie fry-light spray into a frying pan. On a high heat, melt it, and allow to heat up for approximately 3 minutes.
- Start pouring the mixture into the centre of the pan, and keep going until the edges of the mixture get close to the outer edges of the pan.
- Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until the underside looks like the image below. Flip the pancake using a spatula, and cook the other side. Repeat for each pancake!
Nutrition Information for 3 Pancakes
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Carbohydrates 53 g||18%|
|Protein 17 g||34%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|