I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
These jazzed up funfetti pancakes are perfect for birthdays and other celebratory moments! Kids and adults alike will love this light, fluffy, and colorful breakfast dish. These pancakes are also known as birthday cake pancakes.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup cooking oil
- 1/8 cup candy sprinkles, assorted colors
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- Butter or oil, for cooking
- 1 large bowl
- 2 medium bowls
- 3 small bowls
- 1 medium plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- turner or spatula
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
3 to 4 servings
- Beat the eggs until a little bit fluffy.
- Pour in water, cooking oil, and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Add sugar and salt. Continue mixing until both ingredients are dissolved. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift and combine all the remaining dry ingredients: all-purpose flour and baking powder. Whisk to incorporate the ingredients.
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat a pan and grease it with 1 tablespoon of butter or cooking oil.
- Scoop pancake batter mixture using a 1/3 measuring cup or a small ladle.
- Pour the mixture in the middle of the pan and just allow it to spread out.
- Cook the bottom side of the pancake until bubbles start to form. Once done, flip it over. Cook the other side until golden brown in color.
- Serve while still hot with syrup or butter.
Tips and Techniques
- Do not overmix the funfetti pancake batter. You don't want the candy sprinkles to dissolve.
- Drizzle the pancakes with the sauce(s) of your choice.
- For a creamier flavor, use milk instead of water.
- For a nuttier taste, choose butter rather than oil.
- Cook funfetti pancakes over low heat for even cooking.
- Separate egg yolk from egg white. Beat egg white first before adding it to the rest of the ingredients to make a fluffier pancake.
© 2020 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on August 16, 2020:
It is really fluffy. As a matter of fact, this is one of my favorite. I hope you try it!
Pamela Oglesby from Sunny Florida on August 16, 2020:
The fluffy pancakes look delicious. This is an excellent recipe. Thanks.