Low-Carb Crustless Quiche With Cheese, Mushroom, Spinach, and Egg Whites
Quiche is a baked flan that is made with eggs with savory fillings such as cheese, meat, seafood, or vegetables. It is a popular brunch recipe that also works well for breakfast or lunch. Recently, I've been watching my carb intake, so I decided to make a crustless version of this recipe. The recipe is also quite versatile in the sense that you can substitute any vegetable or filling you prefer. Simply follow my procedure below. Enjoy!
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato, small diced
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- cooking oil, for lining the muffin pan and for cooking the ingredients
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 medium plate
- 1 small plate
- measuring spoon
- chopping board
- cooking spoon
- muffin molder or any similar molders
- Heat small amount of oil in a pan. Add onions and tomatoes.
- Add mushrooms and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix then set aside.
- Whisk egg whites, cheese, and millk in a bowl. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C.
- Arrange silicon muffin cups or line muffin molder with oil.
- Scoop 1/4 tablespoon of the vegetable mixture per section of the muffin molder. Followed by 1/2 tablespoon of egg white mixture.
- Do step # 6 twice or until all the mixture are put into the muffin molder.
- Cook the quiche for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooked, remove it from the moulder.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and Techniques
- Line muffin molder with oil to avoid the mixture from sticking.
- Add any vegetables you prefer.
- Choose any cheese you want.
- Replace oil with butter when sauteeing the vegetables to make it tastier.
- Use any available molders (such as ramekins or ceramic bowls) you have at home.
Questions & Answers
© 2018 Dred Cuan