Making Finger Millet and Sweet Corn Pancakes
Finger Millet and Sweet Corn Pancakes
Have Your Own Crunchy Pancakes for the Breakfast
This is my own recipe. My cooking experience prompted me to make this invention. I mixed a few healthy ingredients to make this batter. These pancakes came out fabulous and mouthwatering. It's my pleasure to share this recipe for you now.
Let's Look Into the Health Benefits of these Ingredients:
Here, I have used finger millet flour as the base for the pancakes. Of all the cereals and millets, finger millet has the highest amount of calcium. It has protein, dietary fiber, and minerals, while having very little fat.
The other ingredients I used here are wheat semolina, rice flour, sweet corn kernels, yogurt, chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger, coriander leaves, chopped green chilies, and salt. If you go deep into the properties of these ingredients, each of them are very healthy for you.
Let's find out how to make finger millet and sweet corn pancakes.
- 1 cup finger millet flour
- 2 tbsp wheat semolina, fine variety
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp white lentil flour, optional, use it if you have.
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup yogurt or thick curd, a little sour
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/6 tsp cooking soda, if you want to make it instantly. Otherwise, rest the batter for three hours.
- 1 tsp oil, for the batter
- salt to taste
- oil, about 3/4 tsp oil for making each pancake
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Finger Millet and Sweet Corn Pancakes
- Take all the ingredients in a mixing bowl, except oil for making the pancakes.
- Mix them well while adding water little by little, to get a lump-free, thick batter. Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- If you don't want to use cooking soda, rest the batter for three hours. This will give you soft and porous pancakes.
- Heat a pan to make the pancakes in. Grease it with ghee or oil. Pour about one and a half ladles full of batter in the center.
- Spread it evenly a little, so as to make a medium-thick pancake. Add a few drops of oil or ghee on the top and the edges. Cover the pan for a minute.
- Keep the heat medium-low. Flip the pancake when the bottom becomes golden brown.
- Add a few drops of oil or ghee on the top. Now, no need to cover the pan. Cook the other side also till golden brown.
- Remove it with a spatula and place on a plate. Repeat the same for making all the pancakes.
- Serve one or two hot pancakes in a plate with a spicy chutney or sauce. Enjoy the taste!