Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home.
Crunchy Breakfast Pancakes
This is a recipe I created while experimenting in the kitchen. I mixed a few healthy ingredients together to make a batter, and the resulting pancakes came out fabulous and mouthwatering. I used finger millet flour as the base for these pancakes. Of all the cereals and millets, finger millet is low in fat has the highest amount of calcium. It also contains protein, dietary fiber, and minerals. The other ingredients included in this recipe are also very healthy. Let's move on to the recipe!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 cup finger millet flour
- 2 tbsp wheat semolina, fine variety
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp white lentil flour, optional
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup yogurt or thick curd, a little sour
- 1/4 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/6 tsp cooking soda, if you want to make it instantly. Otherwise, rest the batter for three hours.
- 1 tsp oil, for the batter
- salt to taste
- oil, about 3/4 tsp oil for making each pancake
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients except the oil in a mixing bowl.
- Mix them well while adding water little-by-little to get a thick, lump-free batter. Put this aside for 10–15 minutes.
- If you don't want to use cooking soda, let the batter rest for three hours. This will give you soft and porous pancakes.
- Heat a pan for the pancakes. Grease it with ghee or oil. Pour about one and a half ladles full of batter into the center.
- Spread it a little so as to make a medium-thick pancake. Add a few drops of oil or ghee on the top and around the edges, then cover the pan for a minute.
- Keep the heat on medium-low. Flip the pancake when the bottom becomes golden brown.
- Add a few drops of oil or ghee on the top. Don't cover the pan. Cook the other side until it's also golden brown.
- Remove it with a spatula and place it on a plate. Repeat this same process to make additional pancakes.
- Serve one or two hot pancakes on a plate with a spicy chutney or sauce. Enjoy!
ShailaSheshadri (author) from Bengaluru on October 30, 2017:
Thanks for reading my hub. Finger millet looks like mustard seeds. We call it as ragi in Kannada. Wheat semolina is also called as sooji. It is the fine particles of wheat. It is also known as cream of wheat.
peachy from Home Sweet Home on October 30, 2017:
May I know what is finger millet flour
and wheat semolina? Couldn't find them in Malaysia