Making Savory Vegetable Pancakes in 25 Minutes
Savory Vegetable Pancakes
Sweet and Salty Pancakes!
I was searching for a healthy breakfast recipe on the net. I don't select ones at random. I like to look at the ingredients list and the cooking method used while making the dish.
These savory vegetable pancakes caught my attention. The recipe was easy. I found it to be a versatile pancake in which you can combine various veggies with chickpea flour.
I started gathering the ingredients that I prefer. It took me about 25 minutes to make these yummy pancakes. I served them hot with a spicy coriander leaf chutney/sauce. They were just fantastic. Try serving them with tomato sauce for a change.
Let me share the recipe with you.
- 1 heaped cup gram flour/chickpea flour
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda/cooking soda
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 12 medium size spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 3-4 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 3-4 tsp olive oil or any other cooking oil
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Savory Vegetable Pancake
- Wash spinach leaves. Heat them in a deep-bottomed pan. Saute them till the leaves shed some water and wilt. Turn off the stove. Hold them together and chop into one inch pieces.
- Take all the ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl.
- Dry mix them. Add water little by little to get a thick or semi-solid batter. You may need about 3/4 cup water for this. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Now, you start making the pancakes. Heat a flat pan. Add a few drops of oil or grease it. Pour about 2 table spoons of the batter on the pan. It is your wish to make either 2-3 small pancakes or a big pancake at a time. I made two medium-sized pancakes in a batch.
- Pour a few drops of oil on the surface of these pancakes. Keep the heat medium-high. Once the bottom turns golden brown, flip them. Add some oil on the top. Let the other side also turn golden brown. Making a batch may take about 4-5 minutes. Control the heat while cooking them.
- Take them out and place on a serving plate. Repeat the same for making more pancakes.
- These savory pancakes are crispy when hot. Serve them with a spicy chutney or tomato sauce. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Savory Vegetable Pancake
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 16 g||5%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 6 g||24%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 128 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|