I have started watching what goes into my food, so I've begun making my food from scratch.
Quick Breakfast or Snack
I love trying out new things, especially when it comes to food. I have tried a number of flour varieties in addition to the standard white flour: almond flour, whole wheat flour, coconut flour, cassava flour, and brown rice flour. For this recipe, I tried using chickpea flour. It has become an instant favorite! It is so easy to work with it. Actually, the first time I made these waffles, I just used plain chickpea flour, baking powder, and water. To my surprise, the results were superb!
I use a Dash mini waffle maker at home. It is so convenient! I mix all the ingredients while waiting for it to heat up. I am able to make my four to five mini waffles in around 15 to 20 minutes. This is perfect for when I am in a rush in the morning, but I still want to eat breakfast at home.
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed and chia seeds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey, or as desired
- 1/4 cup water, more as needed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Read More From Delishably
- Oil the waffle maker sparingly.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup of batter and pour it into the middle of the waffle maker.
- Wait for the waffle maker to finish cooking. Enjoy!
Optional Flavor Additions
Using the same recipe, I have tried using the following add-ons to create different flavors.
- Chocolate: Add 1 tablespoon cacao powder.
- Matcha: Add 1 teaspoon green matcha powder.
- Chocolate chip: Add 1 tablespoon cacao nibs.