Lisa Jane has been cooking for many years and loves trying out new recipes and cooking old family favorites.
I love to cook and bake, and I especially enjoy going through my mother's recipes and seeing which ones I want to try. But while I love trying out my mother's recipes, they almost never end up tasting the same.
This recipe is no different; I have tried it many times, but it never tastes like hers. That said, though it might not taste the same, it's very good.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup shortening, melted
- 2 cups water
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add 2 eggs, beat.
- Stir, then add the shortening and stir again.
- Add water and stir the batter until everything is mixed together.
- After you are done with the batter, then take a spoon and pour it into a greased, heated frying pan.
- Flip the pancake over after it bubbles. When it is done, place on a plate and enjoy.
© 2018 Lisa Jane
Lisa Jane (author) from Maine on January 02, 2018:
It is simple and you can make it thinner.
Mary Norton from Ontario, Canada on January 02, 2018:
I like the simplicity of this recipe. I think that with this, I can make thinner ones so I don't put more pounds into my body.