I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
If you love sardines, you'll love this recipe for no-bake fisherman's eggs. Sardines are such a wonderful ingredient: cheap, convenient, nutritious, and tasty. In this no-bake fisherman's egg recipe, I used my favorite brand of sardines in tomato sauce.
- 1 (155 gram) can sardines in tomato sauce, drained and mashed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 whole eggs
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium bowls
- 3 medium plates
- Chopping board
- Pan cover
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Heat the oil in a pan. Saute the garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Add drained and mashed sardines. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Even out the sardine mixture. Crack 3 eggs on top. Cover with a pan lid or cover. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the egg whites have set.
- Serve with rice or toast bread.
Tips and Techniques
- For a little kick, use hot and spicy sardines.
- Need even more spice? Add hot sauce.
- Use shallots instead of onions for a subtle flavor.
- Season with additional salt and pepper on top to make it tastier.
More Sardine Recipes
- Sardine Spread Recipe
Learn how to make a delicious sardine spread to enjoy with your favorite crackers or breads.
- How to Make Canned Sardines Fried Rice
Have you tried adding canned sardines to your fried rice? I tried doing this and was pleasantly surprised by the delicious results. Take your boring canned sardines to the next level.
© 2020 Travel Chef
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on November 22, 2020:
This is a must try recipe. I'm pretty sure that if you like eating sardines, you''ll also enjoy this dish as well.
Sp Greaney from Ireland on November 22, 2020:
I have never seen a recipe with sardines and eggs before. I would never have put those two together. Great idea.
Nigel Koay from Malaysia on November 22, 2020:
Hi Dred, definitely, i have a surplus of Canned Sardines at home, hope to whip up something else too haha
Travel Chef (author) from Manila on November 21, 2020:
I love this recipe too. Quite simple but still nutritious. I hope you can try it too...
Nigel Koay from Malaysia on November 21, 2020:
Chef, this is a great simple meal for the weekday, i love sardines and eggs. Thanks Chef!