Carmen is an enthusiastic vegan cook and baker, and she especially likes to experiment with new recipes.
Oven-Baked Family-Sized Pancake
Everybody loves pancakes, but not everybody has time to make them. This is where this healthy recipe comes in handy—it comes together quickly, and don't have to labor over the stove making batch after batch of pancakes. Combine the dry and the wet ingredients, put it in the oven, and you have a pancake that can fill up your family's tummies. And if one pancake isn't enough just double the recipe.
Not only is this recipe easy to make and fast, but it is also:
Oil-Free and Sugar-Free Options
You can easily adjust this recipe to make it oil-free and/or sugar-free.
- Sugar-free option: Just leave out the sugar.
- Oil-free option: Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, but note that your pancake might come out a bit spongy without the oil.
No matter how you make this recipe, the pancake will always come out healthy and delicious.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 large pancake
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (I like the Bragg Organic brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour (or sub more all-purpose)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar (or omit for sugar-free option)
- 1 tablespoon flax, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup seasonal berries
- 1 apple, thinly sliced, with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease a round baking sheet. (For the oil-free option, line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.)
- In a medium bowl mix together the wet ingredients, the unsweetened non-dairy milk, apple cider vinegar, applesauce, and vanilla. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, flax, sugar (if using), and sea salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to combine everything to create a slightly thick and fluffy batter (add water to adjust texture, if needed).
- Pour batter onto the prepared baking sheet, and add fruit toppings. Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and for 2 minutes on broil. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
© 2021 Bellwether Farming
Bellwether Farming (author) from Alberta, Canada on January 16, 2021:
Thank you, AliciaC!
I am glad you like my recipe.
Linda Crampton from British Columbia, Canada on January 15, 2021:
I love pancakes. Your recipe sounds very nice, especially with the toppings that you mention. Thank you for sharing it.