Cooking is one of my passions. I like to make nutritious and tasty foods at home without using preservatives or artificial colors.
Stir-Fried Sweetcorn With Garlic and Ginger
Yes, you can make various types of snacks using sweet corn. But the recipe I am going to show you here is my special, favorite breakfast dish that I have loved since my childhood. On a lazy Sunday morning, pamper and recharge yourself with this lip-smacking, healthy snack.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 2 people
- 1 bowl sweet corn kernels, fresh or frozen, I used fresh ones
- 1/2 inch ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green chili, minced
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/6 tsp asafoetida/hing powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil or any other oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour tid bits, optional, for garnishing
- salt to taste
- Mince ginger, garlic, and green chili. I crushed them together in a mortar and pestle. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Throw in mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Add turmeric powder, hing powder, and minced ginger-garlic-green chili. Saute on a low fire for a minute.
- Add sweet corn kernels and salt. Stir-cook them for 3 - 4 minutes on medium heat. Now, sweet corn changes into a darker shade. Turn off the stove. Your delicious, sweet corn snacks are ready!
- Serve it in bowls, topped with finely chopped coriander leaves and a teaspoon of chickpea flour tit-bits like sev or boondi. Enjoy eating!