How to Make a Sweet and Spicy Breakfast Hash
Savory Chorizo Skillet
There's nothing like a hearty breakfast made with whole food to start a long day. This is a favorite for weekend gatherings or a food-prep Sunday. This recipe features chorizo sausage, sweet potato, and egg. It is Whole30- and Paleo-approved.
- 1 lb chorizo sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups spinach, washed
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 tbs coconut oil, (or other fat preference- bacon fat, oil, etc)
- 8 eggs, free-range
- Heat up 1 tbs coconut oil in frying pan.
- Add chopped sweet potato to pan, saute 6 mins.
- Add chorizo and cook until cooked through. Leave grease in pan to flavor veggies.
- Add green peppers and onions, stirring to mix well.
- Crack eggs into a separate bowl (scramble or leave yolks in tact- based on preference). Add eggs to frying pan. If whole eggs, place cover over pan. If scrambled, allow them to harden.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted and eggs are desired level of hardness.
- Makes 8 servings. Save any leftovers for breakfasts throughout the week.
Chorizo Sweet Potato Hash
|Serving size: 1/8 skillet|
|Calories from Fat||216|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 24 g||37%|
|Saturated fat 10 g||50%|
|Carbohydrates 19 g||6%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 15 g||30%|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||17%|
|Sodium 600 mg||25%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|