NurseFlood is a registered nurse with a passion for whole foods and all things Paleo.
There's nothing like a hearty breakfast made with whole food to start a long day. This dish is a favorite for weekend gatherings or a food-prep Sunday. This recipe features chorizo sausage, sweet potato, and egg. It is Whole30- and Paleo-approved.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups spinach, washed
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or other fat preference—bacon fat, oil, etc.)
- 8 eggs, free-range
- Heat up 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Add the chopped sweet potato to the pan. Saute for 6 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and cook until cooked through. Leave the grease in the pan to flavor the veggies.
- Add the green peppers and onions, stirring to mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl (scramble them or leave the yolks intact, based on your preference). Add the eggs to the frying pan. If you're using whole eggs, place a cover over the pan. If you're using scrambled eggs, allow them to harden.
- Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and the eggs reach your desired level of hardness.
- This recipe makes 8 servings. Save any leftovers for breakfasts throughout the week.