Spicy Breakfast Hash With Chorizo, Eggs, and Sweet Potatoes
There's nothing like a hearty breakfast made with whole food to start a long day. This dish is a favorite for weekend gatherings or a food-prep Sunday. This recipe features chorizo sausage, sweet potato, and egg. It is Whole30- and Paleo-approved.
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups spinach, washed
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or other fat preference—bacon fat, oil, etc.)
- 8 eggs, free-range
- Heat up 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Add the chopped sweet potato to the pan. Saute for 6 minutes.
- Add the chorizo and cook until cooked through. Leave the grease in the pan to flavor the veggies.
- Add the green peppers and onions, stirring to mix well.
- Crack the eggs into a separate bowl (scramble them or leave the yolks intact, based on your preference). Add the eggs to the frying pan. If you're using whole eggs, place a cover over the pan. If you're using scrambled eggs, allow them to harden.
- Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and the eggs reach your desired level of hardness.
- This recipe makes 8 servings. Save any leftovers for breakfasts throughout the week.
Chorizo Sweet Potato Hash
|Serving size: 1/8 skillet|
|Calories from Fat||216|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 24 g||37%|
|Saturated fat 10 g||50%|
|Carbohydrates 19 g||6%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 15 g||30%|
|Cholesterol 50 mg||17%|
|Sodium 600 mg||25%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|