Cooking is apart of my every day life. I am constantly cooking meals for the kids. I like to experiment with different spices and sauces.
Kickstart Your Breakfast
Breakfast is a meal that you can enjoy any time of the day. My family is Macedonian. I grew up on spicy foods. So, one day I decided to make spicy eggs. Cayenne pepper plays a huge role in my recipe. There are many benefits to consuming this spice. So, if you love spicy foods, you will love this twist to sunny-side-up eggs. It only takes 13 minutes to make.
The serving size I recommended is one egg. Mainly because I assume that you may add a side dish to the eggs. You can change the serving size to two if you choose not to have this with another dish. Eggs do have a lot of cholesterol. Keep that in mind. Feel free to play around with the recipe or add to it. The recipe is below. Enjoy!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
Serves 4 people
- 4 eggs, large
- 3 drops per egg hot sauce, Ta patio salsa is what I use. Any hot sauce will do.
- 1 teaspoon per egg cayenne epper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, I am using True Goodness by Meijer
- In a frying pan, pour 1/3 cup of oil in pan. Make sure it coats evenly.
- Crack open 4 eggs and add them to the pan. If your eggs start to cling together, do not worry.Grab a metal spatula to separate them. Cook on medium heat. Don't use too high of a setting. Your eggs will burn!
- Once you see the eggs start to white ,add Cayenne Pepper. After you put the Cayenne Pepper add your hot sauce to the eggs. Let Cayenne Pepper/hot sauce sit on the egg 1 minute. Then flip the egg.
- Cook the other side for about 4 to 5 minutes. After they are done remove grease with paper towel (optional). Now add more hot sauce to top the egg. ( as desired)