Spicy, Nearly Instant Wheat-Flour Pancake Recipe
A Nutritious and Delicious Breakfast Without Planning
Sometimes we can't plan a palatable and healthy breakfast in advance. We can't even compromise either. In such a case, you can consider these wheat-flour pancakes for breakfast.
These pancakes are made of whole-wheat flour, yogurt, vegetables, and spices. Undoubtedly, they are super healthy. They are very tasty due to the fine combination of the ingredients. Potato is one of the ingredients used here. It gives a unique taste to this pancake.
Whole-wheat flour is high in vitamins, iron, calcium, folic acid, zinc, minerals, and fiber. This flour adds a soft texture and mild aroma to these pancakes.
Serve these pancakes hot with a coconut chutney or tomato sauce.
Here, I share the detailed recipe for making spicy wheat-flour pancakes.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups yogurt or curds, fresh
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup potato, grated, soaked in water and strained
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 1-2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cooking soda/baking soda
- 1/2 tsp or salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp or less ghee or oil, to make each pancake
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Spicy Wheat-Flour Pancake
- Put wheat flour in a large mixing bowl. Add yogurt or curds. Mix very well, so that there are no lumps.
- Add some water to adjust the consistency. The batter should be moderately thick, like idli batter.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, chopped coriander, carom seeds, grated ginger, grated potato, chopped green chilies, and salt. Combine well.
- Add cooking soda(baking soda). Gently mix it with the batter. Now, you can start making the pancakes.
- If you don't want to use soda, leave the batter covered for an hour. Afterwards, make the pancakes.
- Heat a flat pan. I used non-stick pan. In this, you can minimize the oil use.
- Grease the pan with oil. Pour one and a half ladle full of the batter in the center. Spread it to make the pancake.
- Add a few drops of ghee or oil on the top and the edges. Keep the heat medium high.
- Flip it when the bottom gets golden brown. Apply some ghee or oil on the other side too.
- Remove it once both the sides are golden brown.
- Repeat the same for making all the pancakes.
- Serve two hot pancakes in a plate with coconut chutney or tomato sauce. Enjoy the combo!
- This is a filling breakfast.
Nutritional Information of Spicy Wheat-Flour Pancake
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 44 mg||2%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|