I love to cook and bake, and I enjoy the process of creating and modifying recipes.
If you are a busy person like I am, it can be difficult to find the time to cook, sit down, and have a healthy breakfast before heading out of the house early in the morning. It can be even more difficult if you spent part of your morning working out, in addition to getting ready for the day.
Since I don't have time during the week to cook a healthy breakfast, I've started doing the prep work the night before or over the weekend so that I can just grab my healthy breakfast from the fridge and take it with me on the go. My search for healthy breakfast items led me to discover egg mini muffins.
This recipe is a spin on one I found that included other ingredients, like bacon. After I bake these muffins, I keep them in the fridge to have throughout the week for breakfast.
Read More From Delishably
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
12 mini muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray some cooking spray in a muffin pan. I use a 12 mini muffin pan. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. I use a whisk to beat them by hand. Add the cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and place it on the stove over medium heat. Add the spinach and a little olive oil. Cook and stir until the spinach has wilted.
- Add the cooked spinach to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Ladle the egg mixture into the muffin pan.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
These mini muffins taste great heated back up or cold. They can be taken on the go as a very healthy, quick breakfast! I hope you enjoy these spinach and cheese egg muffins as much as I do! Happy cooking!
© 2014 Alyssa Scheidemann