Strawberry Yogurt Pancakes Recipe
Pancake Recipe Ideas for Breakfast
Rate This Recipe
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Ready in: 20 min
- Yields: 16 4-inch pancakes
Easy Recipe for Pancakes
Making homemade pancakes is pretty easy stuff. This simple pancake mix just needs a few more ingredients and a couple more minutes than its boxed counterpart. The yummiest and most important ingredient in this recipe is of course, the strawberry yogurt. Adding strawberry yogurt to your homemade pancake batter is a great way to finish up yogurt and make some of the yummiest pancakes I have ever tasted. If you're looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas and you love strawberry yogurt, then this new spin on pancakes will satisfy your tummy, wallet, and schedule. If you'd like to make strawberry yogurt pancakes using a store-bought pancake mix instead, see middle of this article for more info.
**Cooking with Yogurt
If you have single serving cups of Yoplait yogurt, use one serving cup which is 6 ounces.
If you have a large container of Yoplait yogurt (the 2 pound plastic container), scoop out one measuring cup full (this will be approximately 8 ounces of yogurt.
Both ways taste great.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour
- 6-8 ounces strawberry yogurt, **
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
Homemade Pancake Batter
- Combine milk, yogurt, eggs, and melted butter in large bowl. Mix well.
- Add baking soda, salt, baking powder, and sugar and mix well.
- Gradually add flour, about a half of a cup at a time, and mix well each time.
- Spoon pancake batter onto hot griddle (350° F) to form pancakes. Flip when all bubbles have popped and tops are no longer "wet."
- Cook other side until golden brown and remove.
How to Make Pancakes
How to Make Boxed Pancake Mix Better
Don't be embarrassed - we use pancake mix from the box in my house too :) If you prefer to add strawberry yogurt to a store-bought pancake mix, use the ingredient list below.
Ingredients for Strawberry Bisquick Pancakes
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 single serving Strawberry yogurt (6 oz cup)
Prepare and cook pancakes per instructions on box, adding yogurt to pancake batter.
Homemade Pancake Recipe
5 Tips for Making the Perfect Strawberry Pancake
Pancakes can be finicky but this list can help!
- I always mix my pancake batter with the whisk attachments on my electric hand mixer by Sunbeam (seen above in pictures). While some experts say it's best to mix by hand, I have noticed my pancakes always come out fluffier when I do it "my way." The mixer was one of my favorite wedding gifts from my sister and brother-in-law because it comes with a great bowl and I use the whisk attachments just about every day.
Pancake Batter Dispenser
- I like to put my pancake batter in my Martha Stewart batter dispenser (seen above in pictures). It might seem like one of those fancy kitchen toys you buy and never use or need, but I love it and use it almost daily. It's a great way to control and evenly dispense your batter, keeping your cook area clean and your pancakes about the same sizes. I use it when making cupcakes too because I hate getting messy batter on the sides of my cupcake pans and papers. Mine is sold exclusively at Macy's, but Amazon sells very similar styles.
Electric Pancake Griddle
- I love cooking my pancakes on my Presto electric griddle (seen above in pictures). I've had it for almost a year and use it often. When cooking pancakes on it, every single pancake cooks picture-perfect every time. They say the first pancake never comes out right, but I barely remember those days. I can make about six 4" pancakes at a time with ease. Forget spending forever standing at the stove with one frying pan or trying to captain multiple pans at once. The griddle cooks the pancakes evenly and quickly so breakfast is ready faster. This method is perfect for when you have breakfast guests.
- Flip your pancakes a grand total of just once. Over-flipping will overcook your pancake and begin to make it tough. I have personally tested this and it's true! This is another reason why the electric griddle is so helpful. I would always over-flip when using a pan.
- Don't press your pancakes down with your spatula. You're not coaxing them to cook any faster. This only deflates their heavenly fluffiness. Just be patient and let them do their thing.
Yogurt Pancakes from Scratch with Butter and Syrup
More by this Author
Delicious potato scones are perfect servings for dinner side dishes or Sunday brunches. This tutorial includes recipes and instructions for thick and thin potato buttermilk scones.
Quick and easy from-scratch recipe for fluffy and hot-chocolaty pancakes. Guaranteed to be a hit at the breakfast table, these pancakes are ready in twenty minutes or less.
Italian cooking doesn't have to be complicated or take all day. Made from basic ingredients and basic spices, this easy meatball recipe is full of flavor and compliments pasta dishes. Yummy!