Vanessa is a mum to two toddlers that are pretty fussy at the best of times. I can't let them eat sausages or cereal every night!
My four-year-old is a fussy eater. I try to find ways to add in extra grains, fruits or fiber into his diet. He loves pancakes. I started with plain pancakes and slowly introduced different flours, quick oats and sometimes mashed banana to them.
This recipe is super easy to make, and you really don't have followed the recipe exactly to get a good result. In fact, I rarely use a recipe even though I should because sometimes they don't turn out nice and fluffy.
Depending on your cook-top, put the heat at around medium. Use whatever non-stick grease you like: Coconut oil, olive oil, butter or cooking spray, it really doesn't matter as long as they eat it.
If breakfast is substantial, the rest of the day usually goes well.
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 3/4 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, Any sugar is fine though
- 1 1/2 cups Zymll full cream milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup yoghurt, Any will do, I like vanilla
- Drizzle vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Self-raising flour, wholemeal flour, quick oats, sugar, baking powder. Gently mix it.
- Grab another bowl and stir together all the wet ingredients. I like to use a whisk so the batter is nice and smooth. Milk, eggs, yogurt and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients to it. Mix it until combined. Again I like to use a whisk at the end to smooth the mixture a little.
- You can leave the mixture in the fridge and it will activate the yogurt with the self-raising flour and baking powder. I usually just make them straight away.
- I like to use a ladle or my big spoon to get the same size pancakes. Sometimes I use my big fry pan and make a circle face, then add two circle ears at the top. My four year old thinks it's cool when I give him a pancake that looks like Mickey Mouse.
© 2018 Movie Whisperer
Movie Whisperer (author) from Moreton Bay, Queensland on September 13, 2018:
Thanks, Eman. I'm so glad you found this recipe suitable.
Eman Abdallah Kamel from Egypt on September 11, 2018:
I liked this pancake because it is easy to make and its ingredients are useful and attractive especially for children.