Banana "Pancakes" Are a Healthy Substitute
While these "pancakes" don't have the same texture as real pancakes, I think calling them "banana pancakes" rather than "banana omelets" makes them sound a bit tastier. You can always slap on some butter, peanut butter, or maple syrup to make these babies feel closer to a real pancake experience!
They're a bit hard to flip, so be careful. Try not to cook too many at a time, and make them small enough that they mostly fit on your spatula. This will help prevent them from breaking as you flip them.
- Riper bananas are more flavorful.
- Bananas that are less ripe will make the pancakes firmer.
- Adding an extra banana makes the pancakes much sweeter.
- Adding an extra egg makes the pancakes much firmer.
Read More From Delishably
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
2 small pancakes
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- oil or butter, for cooking
- Heat a skillet. Add oil or butter.
- Place the banana in a bowl and mash.
- Add the egg to the mashed banana. Whisk.
- Add the banana-egg mixture to the skillet. Cook it until the top is mostly/fully cooked, then flip it over.
- Cook it on the other side for approximately 30 seconds.