How to Make Instant Wheat Flour and Potato Spicy Pancakes
I Want Something Special for Breakfast!
This pancake batter is made of wheat flour, chickpea flour, curds, and many spices. This is a special combination that makes the pancakes tasty and flavorful.
Wheat flour potato pancakes are super healthy, smooth, delicious, and colorful. Turmeric powder, chopped fresh coriander, chili flakes, and red chili powder is responsible for the vibrant color of this yummy dish.
I love the texture of these pancakes. They are crispy outside and soft inside. They are spicy due to chili flakes and red chili powder. Ginger-garlic paste, chopped onions, carom seeds, coriander powder, and roasted cumin gives an irresistible aroma to them.
Serve them hot as is or with a pickle. Enjoy eating these soft, yummy, and filling pancakes.
Off to the detailed recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour(besan)
- 2 small potatoes, boiled, peeled, grated
- 1/2 cup curds, moderate sour
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste, or crushed ginger and garlic
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, roasted
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt, or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp oil, for each pancake
- 1/2 tsp cooking soda, for instant pancakes, no need to add soda if you set the batter aside for 1-2 hours.
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Wheat Flour and Potato Pancakes
- Boil potatoes. Peel them and grate the flesh. Keep aside.
- Put wheat flour, chickpea flour(besan) and curds in a large mixing bowl.
- Make a lump-free batter by adding water little by little.
- Add grated potatoes, finely chopped onions, chopped coriander, carom seeds, roasted cumin seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili flakes, chili powder, and salt to it.
- Thoroughly mix them. Add cooking soda, if you want to make the pancakes instantly. Mix well.
- Otherwise, set aside the batter covered for 1-2 hours and no need to add cooking soda.
- Add water to adjust the consistency. Keep the batter moderately thick.
- Now, you start making the pancakes. Heat a flat pan. Pour a ladle full of batter in the center. Spread it a little. Add a few drops of oil on the surface. Flip it, once the bottom becomes golden brown.
- Add a few drops of oil on the top. Make both the sides golden brown.
- Remove, and place it on a serving plate. Make more pancakes like this.
- Eat them hot with a pickle or tomato sauce. You can eat them even without an accompaniment. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Wheat Flour and Potato Pancake
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||18|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 2 g||3%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 26 g||9%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 78 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|