Cheesy Egg and Bacon Bake
A Brunch Favorite
This recipe is one of our family's favorite brunch meals. Who doesn't love bacon? I enjoy getting creative in the kitchen, whipping up new dish variations with simple ingredients. This cheesy egg and bacon bake is the perfect combination of classic breakfast foods. It's a dish the whole family will love!
- 1 package bacon
- 2 cups Jiffy All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 6 large eggs
- Handful shredded mozzarella cheese
- Handful shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup + 1/4 cup milk
- Flour, as needed, for kneading
- Cooking spray
- Fry the bacon over medium heat until brown. Place fried pieces on a plate covered with a paper towel. Once all the bacon is fried, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of Jiffy mix with 2/3 cup of milk. Mix together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a cutting board or on the counter. Knead the dough thoroughly.
- Coat a 9x9 square pan with cooking spray. Spread dough evenly in the pan.
- Break up pieces of fried bacon on top of the dough. Be sure to cover the entire pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 6 eggs with a 1/4 cup of milk. Add a handful of mozzarella and cheddar shredded cheese. Pour mixture into your square pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The top of your cheesy egg and bacon bake will be golden brown. Cut into the bake to make sure the egg is completely cooked.
- Enjoy with a glass of chocolate milk, orange juice, or a hot mug of coffee.