Delicious Breakfast Quesadillas Recipe
Breakfast is arguably the most important meal of the day. During the week, many people reach for cereal, Pop Tarts, oatmeal, bagels, or another quick and easy food that they can eat on the go. The weekend is a great time to slow the pace, relax, and whip up a sit-down breakfast that the whole family can enjoy together.
These breakfast quesadillas are one such dish that you can customize to suit your family's appetite. Then gather around the table and enjoy a lazy breakfast together!
Here's what you will need.
- 4 to 5 large eggs
- 1 package sausage (I used frozen breakfast sausage)
- 1 package tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Heat sausage in the oven according to the package instructions.
- Crack eggs into a mixing bowl. Pour a little milk in and whisk.
- Coat your skillet or pan with cooking spray and pour in your eggs.
- Scramble eggs over medium heat until cooked.
- Put cooked eggs into a bowl and set aside.
- Put your cooked sausage onto a plate and cut each link or patty into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Coat the bottom of a frying pan with cooking spray.
- Generously butter one side of a tortilla and place in the frying pan.
- Spread shredded cheese on the tortilla. Add in a few spoonfuls of scrambled eggs and a few pieces of sausage. Add a little cheese on top.
- Generously butter one side of another tortilla and place it on top, buttered side up.
- Cook for a few minutes over low to medium heat.
- Carefully flip your quesadilla. Continue cooking for a few minutes or until the second side is golden brown.
- Put your quesadilla on a plate. Repeat steps 7 through 12 to make more quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into halves or fourths.
Serving Ideas and Variations
These breakfast quesadillas can be served with your choice of condiments. I love adding a little hot sauce and ketchup on the side for dipping. Enjoy these as a delicious brunch option, or serve them for lunch or dinner.
If you wanted to customize the quesadillas, you could substitute bacon or ham for the sausage. Saute onion and peppers, or toss in tomatoes to add a little extra flavor to the quesadillas.
© 2016 Alyssa