How to Make an Irish Breakfast Sandwich Fry Up
A cooked breakfast in the morning gives to a tasty start to your day. I also fry up these sandwiches for lunch as well. Step by step instructions with photos and videos so you can follow how I cooked and prepared these delicious sandwiches.
- 2 eggs, Free range are best
- 2 rashers of bacon, Streaky or back
- 2 tomatoes, large
- 2 buns or bread, White or brown
- Tomato sauce
Homemade McD's Egg McMuffins
- Heat up the pan and add a small amount of oil.
- Fry the rashers, turning after a few minutes. Fry to whatever way you like them.
- While the rashers are cooking wash and cut up the tomatoes.
- Remove the rashers and put on a plate.
- Add the tomatoes. I prefer to leave the pan with the bacon juices on it when I fry the tomatoes.
- You can clean first if you prefer and add a small amount of oil.
- As these are cooking prepare your buns or toast.
- When the tomatoes are cooked to your satisfaction remove and add to the plate.
- Fry the egg. Whatever way this is cooked is up to you.
- A few seconds before the egg is ready add the rasher and tomato back on the frying pan.
- Remove the three cooked ingredients and put on your bun or toast.
- Add your seasoning and or sauce as required.
- Eat, and enjoy.
10 Easy Breakfast Recipes
An In-Depth Look at the Ingredients
Fried eggs, tomatoes, and rashers is my favourite hot sandwich. I love the combination of all the flavours here. It is a perfect hot sandwich for a late lunch or quick snack at night. I do not make it for breakfast because I am not the best first thing in the morning so I only ever have cereal or plain toast.
But if you are one of those people that is full of energy and the joys of life first thing in the morning it is also a great breakfast meal.
There are so many ways to fry an egg. I love my eggs fried quickly with the yolk left slightly cooked so that it is runny when eaten. My sister will only eat her eggs if they are fried until the yolk is solid. I have done both here in this hot sandwich recipe, one for myself and one for my sister.
Rashers of Bacon
In Ireland we call these rashers. There are many different ones you can buy and use. For this sandwich I prefer to cook the back bacon rasher. I use the streaky bacon when I am cooking a fry up with home made chips for my dinner. There are also many different ways of cooking rashers.
They can be grilled or fried on the pan. Do you prefer yours soft or very well done? Streaky bacon fried until crispy is my favourite with egg and chips. But for this recipe I like back rashers well done.
There are so many different tomatoes on the market today that we are spoilt for choice. But for frying I prefer the larger beef tomato. My sister likes hers fried in big pieces and very well done. I on the other hand prefer mine cooked in smaller pieces but also well cooked.
How you cook these ingredients for your own hot sandwich is up to you. The beauty of this recipe is that you can cater to all tastes as I have done here because it is so easy and quick.
Perfect Irish Fry Muffin
What do you think of my hot sandwich recipe?
Irish Breakfast Sandwich
I know the combination of fried eggs, tomatoes and rashers on the bun or toast looks messy. Oh but it really does taste so delicious! If you have never had one of these sandwiches then why not make one for yourself. I guarantee you that it is a wonderful combination of taste and flavours.