With a Bachelor's degree in Primary Education and a deep love for cooking, Kyriaki spends her time between the classroom and her kitchen.
We all know that a good breakfast can help start our day on the right foot—but truth be told, there's another a.m. meal that can also sneak a bunch of nutrients into the mix without sacrificing flavor. Yes, I'm talking about brunch. But, contrary to popular belief, breakfast's fancier cousin is not just about eggs, bacon, and sugar-laden French toasts. The proof? This healthier brunch recipe!
Packed with antioxidants, healthy fats, and energy-boosting carbs, these mascarpone and berry croissants are here to take your brunch game to a whole new level. So, if you are ready to sweeten your Sunday mornings without sacrificing your healthy-eating goals, put the Belgian waffles aside, and say hello to these yummy croissants. You won't regret it!
Read More From Delishably
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 fresh croissant
- 3 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC).
- In a small bowl, add the raspberries and the maple syrup and toss until they are completely coated.
- Using aluminum foil, form a bowl-like cup and transfer the raspberries into that.
- Put them in the oven and roast for about 10 minutes or until the berries are fork-tender.
- Once they're cooked through, remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- In a cup, add the mascarpone cheese and the vanilla extract and mix.
- Slice the fresh croissant horizontally and spread the mascarpone cheese all over the bottom side of the croissant.
- Top with the roasted berries and coat with the chocolate chips.
- You may choose to drizzle some maple syrup on top to taste.
What's your go-to healthy brunch recipe? I'd love to hear your suggestions/ideas in the comment section down below!
© 2018 Kyriaki Chatzi