With a Bachelor's degree in Primary Education and a deep love for cooking, Kyriaki spends her time between the classroom and her kitchen.
We all know that a good breakfast can help start our day on the right foot—but truth be told, there's another a.m. meal that can also sneak a bunch of nutrients into the mix without sacrificing flavor. Yes, I'm talking about brunch. But, contrary to popular belief, breakfast's fancier cousin is not just about eggs, bacon, and sugar-laden French toasts. The proof? This healthier brunch recipe!
Packed with antioxidants, healthy fats, and energy-boosting carbs, these mascarpone and berry croissants are here to take your brunch game to a whole new level. So, if you are ready to sweeten your Sunday mornings without sacrificing your healthy-eating goals, put the Belgian waffles aside, and say hello to these yummy croissants. You won't regret it!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 fresh croissant
- 3 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (180oC).
- In a small bowl, add the raspberries and the maple syrup and toss until they are completely coated.
- Using aluminum foil, form a bowl-like cup and transfer the raspberries into that.
- Put them in the oven and roast for about 10 minutes or until the berries are fork-tender.
- Once they're cooked through, remove them from the oven and set them aside to cool.
- In a cup, add the mascarpone cheese and the vanilla extract and mix.
- Slice the fresh croissant horizontally and spread the mascarpone cheese all over the bottom side of the croissant.
- Top with the roasted berries and coat with the chocolate chips.
- You may choose to drizzle some maple syrup on top to taste.
What's your go-to healthy brunch recipe? I'd love to hear your suggestions/ideas in the comment section down below!
© 2018 Kyriaki Chatzi
Kyriaki Chatzi (author) on July 04, 2020:
Yum!! Warm croissants straight out of the oven!
That sounds p-e-r-f-e-c-t!
My guess is they will skyrocket the entire dish.
Well, I can't wait to hear how this combo turned out for you.
Thank you for your suggestion and kind comments!
Liza from USA on July 03, 2020:
Yummy! I bet these brunch treat delicious just they way how it looks! I love fresh raspberries. However, your recipe has given me a wonderful idea. I was thinking to make the croissant from scratch again. Homemade croissant with mascarpone and raspberries. Thank you for sharing this, Kyriaki.
Kyriaki Chatzi (author) on May 12, 2019:
First off, I'm uber glad to hear that this recipe will be your go-to choice on such an important occasion (I mean, visiting your wife).
Secondly, I can say with confidence that she'll ❤️ it 'cause it's both sweet & creamy (is there a better combo for a dessert?).
And lastly, it's super easy to make, so there's no need to spend lots of time on prepping (consider this a bonus!).
Dale Anderson from The High Seas on May 10, 2019:
OK I''m going to go visit my wife next week so I will make this for her. I don't have a sweet tooth at all but she LOVES deserts and treats so I am sure that she will enjoy trying this too.
Kyriaki Chatzi (author) on October 15, 2018:
@PeggyWoods Well, it definitely is! And one bite is enough to convince you :). Thank you for your kind comment, Peggy.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on October 15, 2018:
That sounds like a flavorful combination!