Alyssa loves sharing her family's favorite recipes with the world. She is a wife and a mom who enjoys drinking copious amounts of coffee.
There's nothing better than a delicious homemade breakfast, especially on a lazy weekend. I love to sleep in a little later on days off and make brunch. My husband recently brought home some specialty bread and jalapeño peppers. I wanted to use both to make homemade breakfast sandwiches. I'm not a huge fan of fried eggs, so I opted to scramble them instead. Adding in shredded cheese and fresh veggies made this meal more delectable than a sausage biscuit from McDonald's, and considerably healthier. The best part: I only needed one pan! It was a big hit with my family and I know we'll be enjoying this recipe again for brunch sometime soon.
It's so simple and easy to whip these breakfast sandwiches up and you can play around with the ingredients to customize it for your family.
- 1 pkg. bacon
- 6-7 medium or large eggs, I'm using organic eggs from a local farm.
- Kaiser rolls
- Shredded cheese
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green pepper
- 1 Jalapeño pepper
Read More From Delishably
- Begin by frying the bacon over low to medium heat.
- While the bacon is frying, wash the peppers. Cut up the peppers and onion. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into a medium sized mixing bowl. Pour in a splash or two of milk. Stir, making sure to break up the yolks and mix well.
- Sprinkle a few handfuls of cheese into your egg mixture. Add in chopped peppers, onion, and jalapeños. Mix well.
- Drain most of the bacon grease, leaving just a little left in the skillet.
- Pour eggs into skillet to scramble.
- Slice and toast Kaiser buns. Butter after toasted if desired.
- Lay a few pieces of bacon on one side of the bun. Spoon a generous amount of scrambled eggs and veggies onto the bacon.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Place top bun onto eggs for a delicious sandwich.
Cooking It All Up
Create Your Sandwich
This sandwich pairs nicely with a hot mug of coffee and a cold cup of orange juice, chocolate milk for the kids.
© 2018 Alyssa