A Fun and Refreshing Summer Dish
This easy-to-make egg noodle, pineapple and fruit cocktail casserole is full of color and flavor. It makes for a refreshing cold summer dish, but can be enjoyed warm or cold year-round. It will surely be well-received at summer picnics and family gatherings.
For a final splash of fun and color, add red cherries on top!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 1 (12-ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple (in 100% pineapple juice)
- 10-15 maraschino cherries (optional)
Note: If you use canned pineapple or fruit cocktail in heavy syrup, I suggest reducing the amount of granulated sugar in this recipe.
- Grease a 9 x 13 in. glass baking dish.
- Boil the egg noodles according to the package directions. Add the oil to the boiling water.
- Drain the noodles and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the eggs and sugar at medium speed until fluffy. Add the vanilla last.
- Gently pour the noodles into the egg mixture and combine the ingredients well until the noodles look glossy.
- Drain the fruit cocktail and gently fold it into the noodles and egg mixture with a mixing spoon.
- Gently fold the crushed pineapple into the noodles and egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 in. greased glass baking dish.
- If desired, add maraschino cherries on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F for 30 min.
- Allow to cool, then wrap and refrigerate overnight before serving.
10 Fun Facts About Pineapples
© 2020 Madeleine Clays