I am a chef on a luxury world cruise liner. I love to cook and write recipes that are inspired by foods from all over the world.
Quiche is a baked flan that is made with eggs with savory fillings such as cheese, meat, seafood, or vegetables. It is a popular brunch recipe that also works well for breakfast or lunch. Recently, I've been watching my carb intake, so I decided to make a crustless version of this recipe. The recipe is also quite versatile in the sense that you can substitute any vegetable or filling you prefer. Simply follow my procedure below. Enjoy!
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato, small diced
- 2 tablespoons cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon onion, small diced
- 1 tablespoon mushroom, chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- cooking oil, for lining the muffin pan and for cooking the ingredients
- 1 medium bowl
- 1 small bowl
- 1 medium plate
- 1 small plate
- measuring spoon
- chopping board
- cooking spoon
- muffin molder or any similar molders
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- Heat small amount of oil in a pan. Add onions and tomatoes.
- Add mushrooms and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper. Mix then set aside.
- Whisk egg whites, cheese, and millk in a bowl. Season with a little bit of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C.
- Arrange the silicon muffin cups or line the muffin molder with oil.
- Scoop 1/4 tablespoon of the vegetable mixture per section of the muffin molder. Followed by 1/2 tablespoon of egg white mixture.
- Do step # 6 twice or until all the mixture are put into the muffin molder.
- Cook the quiche for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooked, remove it from the moulder.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and Techniques
- Line the muffin molder with oil to avoid the mixture from sticking.
- Add any vegetables you prefer.
- Choose any cheese you want.
- Replace oil with butter when sauteing the vegetables to make it tastier.
- Use any available molders (such as ramekins or ceramic bowls) you have at home.
More Breakfast Egg Recipes
- How to Make a Spicy Sardine Omelet
Have you ever tried a sardine omelet for breakfast? Enjoy this simple yet nutrient-packed morning meal today.
- How to Cook Poqui Poqui: A Filipino-Inspired Dish
Do you enjoy eating scrambled eggs? Try this healthy version of poqui poqui, a popular regional dish from the northern part of the Philippines.
© 2018 Travel Chef