Rebecca loves sharing what she knows about alternative medicine, health, frugal living, fun, animals, and how to live a better life!
Let's Get Right to It!
Let's just get right to the recipe and I can tell you why I love it later. No sense in carrying on when we have cooking to do!
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For the quiches:
- 5 eggs, whisked in bowl
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the fillings:
- 1/4 cup cheese of your choice
- Mix and match options: black olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, green onion, feta, spinach, broccoli, jalapeño peppers, ham, sausage, black beans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Whisk your eggs in a bowl, add salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Coat your baking cups with nonstick spray or oil (I use silicone baking cups).
- Now add your fillings. This is the fun part because the combinations are endless. You can use any kind of cheese you like, black olives, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, green onion, feta, spinach, broccoli, jalapeño peppers, ham, sausage, even black beans. Whatever your heart desires!
- Pour egg mixture over your fillings and bake for 20 minutes.
Silicone baking cups are amazing!
Why We Love This Recipe
Sometimes you're just not in the mood for oatmeal or cereal, but you're feeling too lazy to do a full spread of bacon, toast, and eggs. This recipe is quick, tasty, and fun. You can come up with just about any combination you can think of for filler, if you have picky eaters you can modify theirs. I don't eat meat but other members of my family do. The items you can add for toppings or filler are endless, and it gives you a great chance to use up those leftovers! I use the Oxo Silicone baking cups because they are amazing and you can reuse them. Nothing worse than wanting to bake or cook and not having paper cup liners.
This is a great recipe for a quick and warm breakfast. We eat them right up so there are never any leftovers. Usually, the biggest issue we have is not making enough! This recipe will make six, which usually serves two. It's not hard to eat three of these. So my suggestion is to double the recipe almost every time you make them. It pairs well with yogurt, too. You'll be full in no time and ready to start your day.
© 2021 Rebecca
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on January 21, 2021:
I like it. Thanks for sharing this recipe.