Agnes Laurens is a writer, wife, and mother of three daughters.
A few years ago, my mother made me this spinach quiche during our pre-Christmas celebrations. I loved it immediately. Since then, she has also made it for street parties, and the dish has become a hit. Everyone loves it!
Please enjoy this lovely quiche recipe.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
Read More From Delishably
- 500 grams spinach, chopped
- 150 grams aged cheese, grated
- 8 eggs
- 6-8 sheets puff pastry
- 200 milliliters crème fraîche
- 50 grams butter
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Baking dish
- Deep cooking pan
- Mixing bowl
- Fork, for mixing the eggs
- Pastry brush, for brushing the olive oil/butter on the baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- Wash and chop the spinach.
- Boil some water in a kettle (not too much, not too little).
- Place the chopped spinach in a deep pan and pour the boiled water over it. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and stir. Add the grated cheese, salt and pepper, and mix.
- Brush the baking dish with olive oil and/or butter. Spread the puff pastry down in the greased oven dish.
- When the spinach is finished cooking, add it to the egg and cheese mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture over the puff pastry.
- Bake for about 45 minutes. When it is cooked, the quiche will be stiff. Use a fork to check.
- Instead of buying grated cheese, you could grate a block of cheese yourself.
- Instead of aged cheese, you can try other kinds of cheeses.
- Instead of using olive oil and/or butter, you can also use baking paper.
© 2020 Agnes Laurens