I enjoy cooking simple and tasty dishes, especially ones with healthy ingredients.
A Sweet Pineapple Casserole
This sweet and tasty pineapple casserole is quick and easy to make. It hits the spot as a cold and refreshing summer dish but can be enjoyed warm or cold year-round. I've often enjoyed it warm during the holidays, as it pairs perfectly with turkey, cranberry sauce, and all the other fixings. As a cold dish, it goes really well with sausages, ham, and even margarita pizza!
This casserole is one of my favorite comfort dishes.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
1 hour 15 min
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (20-ounce) cans crushed pineapple (in 100% pineapple juice)
- 6 slices white bread (with crust), torn into approximately 1-inch pieces
Read More From Delishably
Note: If you choose to use cans of crushed pineapple in heavy sryup, I suggest reducing the amount of white granulated sugar to 1/4 cup or less.
- Grease a 2.5 quart casserole and set aside.
- Tear up 6 slices of bread into approximately 1-inch pieces and set them aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the sugar and butter until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the crushed pineapple with a mixing spoon and combine well.
- Gently pour the mixture into the greased casserole dish.
- Gently fold in the pieces of bread with a mixing spoon.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until the surface begins to bubble and brown.
- Allow to cool.
- For the best flavor, wrap and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Health Benefits of Pineapples
© 2020 Madeleine Clays