The Best Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Pitchers in 2019
I know from over thirty years of experience that the perfect cup of coffee doesn't just mean getting the brew right; you also need to make sure that your milk is faultless too.
A milk frothing pitcher enables the process by giving you right receptacle for frothing up, serving, and pouring the milk. It provides the perfect way to complete a cappuccino or latte, and do it in style.
Typically constructed from stainless steel, milk pitchers come in different sizes and shapes, so it is important to consider which is the most suitable for your needs. Twelve ounce and twenty ounce are the commonest sizes. I like to have both, because although I am normally just making drinks for me and my wife, it's nice to have something bigger for when we have guests over.
2020's Best Stainless Steel Milk Frothing Pitchers
Here are my three milk frothing pitcher suggestions.
- The Update International: Affordable and Dishwasher Friendly
- The Cafe Luxe: Top-rated, Easy to Use and Clean
- The Espro Toroid: Beautifully Designed
I will explain the reasons for my selections in full detail below.
The Update International: Affordable and Dishwasher Friendly
I used an as my everyday pitcher for many years to serve up the microfoam for my morning coffees (there is also a 20 ounce version but the small capacity version is fine for my needs). It's a solid and practical product, nothing super fancy, but great value for money. Update International EP-12
Here is my full pros and cons list.
- Affordable product that offers excellent value for money.
- Solid stainless steel construction makes it durable and attractive.
- It pours well (not all the pitchers do!).
- Dishwasher friendly and easy to clean by hand.
- Depending on your needs, this pitcher may be too small for some. To get the full 12 ounces means filling it to the brim.
The Cafe Luxe: Top-rated, Easy to Use and Clean!
The Cafe Luxe is my current everyday frothing pitcher. It replaced my old Update International, which I took it on vacation one time and left somewhere by mistake. The Cafe Luxe is an excellent product and has turned out to be great value for money.
Here are my pros and cons.
- Its main advantage over most pitchers is that there are measurements etched into the inside of the pitcher, making it easy to gauge the right amount of milk required (3-11 ounces). This can be a big help, believe me.
- It's dishwater safe.
- The handle is sturdy and heat resistant.
- It comes with a black carrying pouch, useful for prolonged storage or when I want to take it somewhere.
- Some people won't like that it's Made in China.
The Espro Toroid: Beautifully Designed!
I use a when I have friends over for dinner parties, partly for the extra size, but mainly because it really is a beautifully designed frothing pitcher. It's also great for latte art, which is fun and makes a talking point. 20 ounce Espro Toroid
Here's a summary of my pros and cons.
- The easiest pticher to use that I've experienced, thanks to its special design which organizes the milk circulation to produce perfect microfoam.
- An excellent pourer and great for making latte art, always fun at a social gathering.
- It looks and feels great to hold in your hands.
- It's more expensive than the average frothing pitcher.
We want to do a lot of stuff; we're not in great shape. We didn't get a good night's sleep. We're a little depressed. Coffee solves all these problems in one delightful little cup.— Jerry Seinfeld
Latte Art Basics
When pouring the cream, start with the pitcher high (around two inches from the coffee) and pour slowly, lowering the pitcher as you pour.
The position of the pitcher is also very important, as is the flow. You should start gently and then increase. Eventually, after increasing the flow, the spout of the pitcher should be low enough that it is touching the cup.
Height, positioning and flow are all you need to create a heart, but to make a more complex design like a rosetta, or a tulip.
Questions & Answers
© 2015 Paul Goodman