Ninja Master Prep Pro System Review
I give this blender 4 out of 5 stars!
Are you looking for a blender or food processor that can handle your toughest jobs? Then look no further than the Ninja Master Prep Pro System.
Traditional blenders are notorious for having a tough time crushing frozen fruit and ice. Additionally, if a blender is really full, the ingredients do not always get mixed well together. This is not the case with the Ninja system. The Ninja is easy to use and extremely powerful. It does have a few drawbacks and I do not recommend it for everything, but all in all, it works well.
To help you make an informed decision when you purchase your next blender, I've prepared a short video demonstrating the power of the Ninja, along with a number of pros and cons assembled from over 2 years of personal use.
The blades on the Ninja Master Prep Pro System are extremely sharp. Be careful and never let children use it or come near it while in use. The larger splash guard has a pour spout so make sure it is shut tightly and that curious little fingers don't find their way near it. When cleaning the blades, use extreme caution.
- Powerful - It chops up almost anything with ease. Rock hard frozen fruits and ice are turned to dust in moments. It is the perfect blender for milkshakes, smoothies and frozen drinks.
- Fast - In a matter of seconds, ingredients are chopped and blended together.
- Easy storage - Each container has its own lid for easy storage. There is no need to transfer the mixture to another container.
- Easy cleanup - While there are areas that are difficult to clean, for the most part, the Ninja is easy to clean, especially the parts that are dishwasher safe. I recommend that the dishwasher is not set on high heat since the plastic lids may warp.
- Large container space - Once the blades are in place, there is still plenty of room for ingredients. With the blades at different heights, ingredients get chopped and blended evenly.
Patented Ninja® technology
Dishwasher safe parts
1 48oz pitcher with blades
1 40oz bowl with blades
1 16oz chopper with blades
3 storage lids
1 power pod
2 splash guard/power pod mounts
- Loud - All blenders are noisy, but because of the plastic containers, it seems even louder.
- Thin plastic - The plastic containers seem a bit thin. I have been using this system for a couple of years and have never had a problem, but I imagine it could break easily.
- Takes up space - With all of the different parts, it takes up quite a bit of space in the kitchen.
- Difficult areas to clean - While most of the parts are easy to clean, the 2 power pod mounts can be difficult. The undersides have small and narrow crevices that are tough to get to and are easy to overlook during cleanup.
- Easy to overfill - Don't put too much in or it will spill over while blending. Always make sure that the pour spout is tightly shut.
- If not careful, ingredients quickly turn to mush - If you forget to pulse, or blend too long, any fruits and vegetables quickly liquify, so I do not recommend it for chunkier things.
I do not recommend the Ninja Master Prep Pro System for things like roughly chopped vegetables, but it is great for things like:
- Creamy milkshakes
- Frozen mixed drinks (Margaritas are the perfect consistency)
- Baby food
- Snow cones (Ice is ground to a fluffy consistency)
- Fruit smoothies
- Creamy dips
- Creamy guacamole
- Bread crumbs
What to make with your Ninja
For a delicious treat once you bring your Ninja Master Prep Pro System home, try making a Strawberry Banana Milkshake.
Having used my Ninja Master Prep Pro System for over 2 years, I can easily recommend this product. As noted, it is not for everything, but it makes a good replacement for a countertop blender.
There are a few things that really stand out with this Ninja system.
- Because it comes with 3 different sized containers, it gives you the option of blending anything, from pots of soup to a small smoothie for one.
- It should be used with caution because of the sharp blades.
- It is fast and easy to use.
For a perfect frozen blended drink or the smoothest dip every time, the Ninja Master Prep Pro System cannot be beaten!
© 2012 Glimmer Twin Fan
More by this Author
You'll never need to call for take out dinner again if you assemble some of these delicious and easy freezer meals for the crock pot. Here are five easy recipes that will get you started.
Test your culinary terminology expertise with this quiz and peruse a list of obscure cooking terms. From bain-marie to weep, you'll find 50 cooking terms that you've probably never heard before.
These easy recipes require only a box of cake mix, and a mix-in. That's it, 2 ingredients that you probably have on hand. You'll find 20 enticing combinations with instructions and photos.