I am a food enthusiast and am always trying new recipes. I love to garden, get crafty, and read a good book!
Timing Is Everything for the Perfect Egg!
The title says it all—but the timing of exactly six minutes will yield the perfect soft-boiled eggs, at least in my opinion. At this point, the yolks are slightly runny, the whites are mostly firm, and the eggs are easy enough to peel.
Transferring the eggs directly from the pot of boiling water into an ice bath stops them from cooking, and it also makes them easier to handle and peel.
My favorite way to eat soft-boiled eggs is over a piece of buttered toast or over avocado toast. Whatever your preference, these eggs make a really easy breakfast that is both delicious and fast to make. I like to make at 6-8 eggs on the weekend so that I can enjoy them on busy school mornings with minimal prep.
Read More From Delishably
What Do You Think?
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
- 6 cups water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup ice
- Over high heat, fill a pot of water and heat until the water is boiling.
- Using a slotted spoon, gently lower each egg into the pot.
- Once all eggs are in the pot, set a timer for 6 minutes. Prepare bowl of ice.
- When 6 minutes have passed, using a slotted spoon, scoop the eggs out of the pot and gently place them on top of the ice.
- Pour cold water over the eggs and ice and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove the eggs from the water/ice and peel the eggs. Rinse under water to ensure all egg shells have been removed and then your egg is ready to eat! Slice the eggs in half and enjoy over a piece of toast. You can also place the eggs, unpeeled into a covered container in the fridge for later consumption.
- Soft boiled eggs will keep 5-7 days in a covered container in the fridge.
© 2018 Lisa Bean