Sienna is a certified holistic wellness and nutrition coach specializing in autoimmune health.
Broccoli and Cheese Quinoa Omelette
I live for breakfast food! This broccoli and cheese quinoa omelette is super easy and delicious.
I love adding quinoa to my eggs for an extra boost of protein and to make it more filling. Quinoa is considered a superfood because it is packed with nutrients including iron, fiber, and magnesium. It is also gluten-free.
The key to getting your omelette super fluffy is to add just a splash of milk (I used almond milk) and giving it a quick, gentle whisk—making sure not to over-mix.
I personally love to fill my quinoa omelettes with broccoli and cheese; however, with this versatile recipe, you could fill yours with whatever you desire.
- 2 organic large eggs
- 1 tablespoon plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 handful shredded cheese
- dash salt and pepper
- dash garlic salt
- Heat a pan on the stove and add 1/2 tablespoon butter to melt. Wash and chop your broccoli.
- Add the broccoli to pan and sprinkle the garlic salt. While cooking, add your eggs to a bowl, along with the milk, salt, pepper, and quinoa. Use a whisk to quickly mix.
- When the broccoli has started to become soft and a little browned, remove the pan from the heat. Add the other half of the unsalted butter to the pan, and lower the heat (you may want to remove the pan for a few minutes).
- When butter has melted, add your whisked egg mixture to the pan and tilt around so it completely coats the bottom of the pan. Cover, and let sit for a few minutes. When the top of the eggs looks almost completely set (not shiny) add your desired toppings, and cover once more.
- After a few minutes your omelette is ready to go. Use a spatula around the edges of the egg to gently remove and fold over. Let cool and enjoy!
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Sienna