Agnes Laurens is a writer for her local newspaper. She is married and has three daughters. She loves cooking in her free time.
When you're having a BBQ with friends and family, it's often important to have a good vegetarian option. A few weeks ago, I discovered this egg burger, and I loved it. I think you'll love it, too.
|Prep time||Cook time||Ready in||Yields|
For the bun:
- 1 burger bun
- garlic sauce, to taste
- BBQ sauce, to taste
Read More From Delishably
For the vegetables:
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 lettuce leaf
For the eggs:
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kurkuma (turmeric)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Butter, for cooking
- In a pan, add a bit of olive oil and butter. Turn the heat to low and allow the oil and butter to heat up.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs. Add the cayenne pepper, kurkuma, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cover with a lid. The heat should be medium-low.
- Toast the burger bun in a toaster or in the oven.
- Chop the tomato into slices.
- When your bread is toasted, slice it open. Spread the garlic sauce on one side and the BBQ sauce on the other.
- Place the lettuce leaf on the bottom half of the bun, then the baked eggs. Place the tomato slices on top of the egg. Place the top half of the bun on top. Serve and enjoy!
- Add as many cold vegetables as you like.
- Try adding feta cheese, as well.